Daily Archives: May 5, 2016
10 Days of Prayer for the Nation
Day 40 – The Peace of Jerusalem and the US Relationship with Her
May 5, 2016
“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces.” Psalms 122:6
I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” Genesis 12:3
Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for your faithfulness! We pray for Jerusalem to experience the peace of God that passes understanding! Thank You for Your undying love for Your people and for Your land. Thank You for Your people in this land, that there is a living growing body of Messiah in Israel, that Jewish people are having their eyes opened to who their Messiah is and some are receiving Him. Lord, we are looking forward to when You will lift the veil fully from the eyes of the Jewish people which has been and is preventing most from recognizing You. Prepare the hearts of Your people to see clearly who You are. We have heard that there are many rabbis who have secretly accepted Yeshua. When will it be Your time for them to reveal themselves? Let it be Lord! May Israel look to You for their salvation rather than putting their trust in government or in the IDF or in religious leaders or practices.
As Christians, we understand the biblical significance of Israel. We need to support and stand with Israel. We have to understand that Israel is fighting our battle, because the enemies against Israel are against us too. The battle waged against Israel is a spiritual battle as much as a battle with guns and military and we need to be in prayer. Father we pray that the leaders of the United States will have a biblical understanding of Genesis 12:3 – that those who stand with Israel will be blessed and those who oppose Israel will find themselves an adversary of God.
Therefore Father, help me to understand and pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the relationship between the United States and Israel. I know that You want the best for Israel and will always watch over that land of your choosing. In Jesus’ great name, Amen!
I now pray specifically:
- That the Palestinians would recognize that Israel has a right to exist.
- For Israel’s strength and resolve in the face of imminent threats from Iran, and the threats of missile attacks on its borders.
- Quench every fiery dart
- Let every curse or assignment from the enemy fall as dust to the ground and would not light.
- That the anti-Semitism in the world and especially on campuses of our universities would end.
- As a Christian, help me to support those whom you support, Lord, and to bless those whom you bless, my God. Bring your salvation to Israel, dear God.
- Bring your salvation to the whole earth. Amen!