Daily Archives: May 1, 2016
10 Days of Prayer for the Nation
Day 36 – The Family
May 1, 2016
“If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.” (Mark 3:25)
Father in Heaven, first and foremost, we thank and praise You for the first institution You established in the earth — that is, marriage. Secondly, we praise You for the divine plan You ordained in the marriage of a man and a woman: a family. Your design has benefitted mankind for millennia. But now, O God, you see the efforts of the evil one and of those on the earth who reject You to tear down and to destroy your holy design for marriage and the family.
Your desire is for a bigger family with which to enjoy relationship for all eternity. The enemy wants to deny you every soul that he can entrap. For that reason we stand united in praying for:
- Unity and love in individual family units that reaches out in hospitality toward others (Romans 12:9-13)
- Honor, love, and respect to be the core principals that every husband and wife abide by in their marriage.
- The re-establishment of relationships between parents and children (Malachi 4:5-6)
- A return to family values that serve the nation as a whole (Job 22:21-22)
- A return to the biblical mandate to train their children at home in the fear of the Lord and not leave the responsibility to others. (Proverbs 22:6)
Empower us, O Lord, to positively impact marriages and families wherever and whenever we can. Today Lord I specifically pray for _____________________. In Jesus’ mighty name we pray. Amen